Today, there are hundreds of different drug and alcohol rehab facilities available to individuals who are affected by an addiction. With so many options, it can be difficult to make the right decision about which one is the best fit for the unique needs of the individual and their specific addiction.
Fortunately, NewportOne Health has access to multiple drug and alcohol rehab facilities. This enables us to work with individuals to better determine which option is the best fit.
Choosing a Drug & Alcohol Rehab Facility
Some of the main factors that go into choosing a rehab facility include things like financial situation, insurance coverage, and your unique needs, just to name a few. NewportOne Health works with each individual to understand the different factors that are important to them and then go to work to put them in the best situation possible.
To determine the best choice for an addict, the individual must first go through a screening and assessment process. During this process, they will be assessed by counselors, therapists, and psychologists to gain a better understanding of which facility provides the best opportunity for success.
Different Types of Rehab Facilities
What you may not be aware of is that there are several different types of rehab facilities out there. These centers utilize varying strategies, and techniques for helping individuals overcome their addictions. Here is a look at some of the main types of rehab facilities that Newport One Health works with:
- Male and Female Only Rehab Centers –Depending on the addiction, it may be important that an addict is put in an environment that is free from the opposite sex. This is generally done for avoiding distractions that may turn the focus of the addict away from rehab and recovery. Male and female only rehab centers are sometimes recommended for this reason.
- Luxury Rehab Centers –For clients who are used to or desire to be in a facility that offers high end amenities, luxury rehab centers may be the best option. Most of these higher end facilities are located in a desirable area such as the beach. They also generally feature fewer clients and allow more individual therapy and one-on-one sessions. Other amenities, such as massage therapy and private chefs, are also commonly featured in these facilities.
- 12 Step Rehab Centers –12 step rehab centers are one of the most common options for individuals attempting to recover from addiction. They are popular because of their proven ability to work for a variety of different addictions. These are considered to be very structured rehab facilities and work best for individuals who crave and/or need structure.
- Dual Diagnosis Rehab Centers –Dual diagnosis rehab centers are generally reserved for individuals who suffer from debilitating mental illnesses. Individuals suffering from several issues, such as severe anxiety, depression, or bipolar disorder, are often referred to these types of facilities. They are also sometimes recommended to individuals struggling with substance abuse. The goal of these centers is to define and treat both the cause and effect of their illness or addiction.
- Detox Centers –Often, addicts are required to go through a narcotic or alcohol detox process before being admitted to a rehab facility. When this is the case, these individuals are recommended to attend a detox center in which they will be monitored as they work to relieve their body of the toxins from their substance abuse. These are generally done on-site as it enables trained professionals to help addicts deal with their withdrawal symptoms.
When attempting to choose a drug and alcohol rehab center, it is highly recommended that you work with experienced medical professionals, such as NewportOne Health that understands which rehab facilities are the best options for each situation. Doing so can significantly increase the chances that the detox, rehab, and recovery processes enable the individual to experience long term success in avoiding relapse.
There are many facilities out there that simply does not have the necessary resources to maximize the opportunity for an addict’s success. While these facilities may paint the perfect picture of what their facility offers, they are often times not looking out for the best interests of the individual.
When you work with the team at NewportOne Health, we guarantee that we will always have your best interests in mind. Give us as call or fill out the inquiry form on our website today for more information about how we can help you on your journey to overcome addiction.
For help in getting started in finding the right drug and alcohol rehabilitation center for you, or a loved one, please give us a call at 855-422-5826.